Additional Terms for Hosted Challenge Providers
Last Updated: January 29, 2024
These Additional Terms for Hosted Challenge Providers ("Hosted Challenge Terms") govern your use of the DoCurious Platform to publish and offer Hosted Challenges. By submitting an Hosted Challenge to be listed on the DoCurious Platform, you are agreeing to these Hosted Challenge Terms.
These Hosted Challenge Host Terms supplement the DoCurious Terms of Service ("Terms") and the DoCurious Payments Terms of Service ("Payments Terms"), and, except as explicitly stated herein, the Terms and Payments Terms apply in full to all Hosted Challenge Providers, Hosted Challenge Listings, and Hosted Challenges. All capitalized terms not defined in these Hosted Challenge Terms have the meaning given to them in the Terms. Nothing in these Hosted Challenge Terms should be interpreted to amend or contradict the Terms unless explicitly stated. If there is a conflict between the Terms and the Hosted Challenge Terms, these Hosted Challenge Terms control.
- Listing a Hosted Challenge. To list a Hosted Challenge, you must create a Listing and submit the Hosted Challenge to DoCurious. Hosted Challenges must at all times meet the standards and requirements for Challenges. When listing an Hosted Challenge you must, where applicable, fully educate and inform Doers about (i) any risks inherent or incidental to the Hosted Challenge, (ii) any requirements for participation, such as the minimum age, related skills, or level of fitness, and (iii) anything else they may need to know to safely participate in the Hosted Challenge (including dress codes, equipment, special certifications or licenses, etc.). DoCurious reserves the right to decide, in its sole discretion, whether a submitted Hosted Challenge will be allowed to remain listed and active on the DoCurious Platform.
- Personal Safety. When listing, hosting and conducting a Hosted Challenge, you are solely responsible for ensuring that any Provider personnel involved have undergone background checks or other vetting intended to minimize the risk of exposing Doers to potential criminal, antisocial, abusive, or sexual misconduct. Any reports of such misconduct must be made available to DoCurious immediately. Failure to do so may result in termination of your Listing(s) and or Provider Account.
- Equipment. Unless you have notified your Doers that they may provide their own, you are responsible for providing all equipment, including supplies, vehicles, venues and other materials ("Equipment") necessary to host your Hosted Challenge. You are solely responsible for ensuring that the Equipment used in your Hosted Challenge, whether provided by you or not, is in good working order and conforms to all laws pertaining to safety, equipment, inspection, and operational capability. Except as otherwise required by law, you assume all risk of damage or loss to your Equipment.
- Additional Hosted Challenge Host Responsibilities. You are responsible for (i) understanding and complying with all laws, rules and regulations that may apply to your Hosted Challenge, (ii) obtaining any required licenses, permits, or registrations prior to providing your Hosted Challenge; and (iii) ensuring that your Listing and/or provision of a Hosted Challenge will not breach any agreement you may have with any third party.
- Termination. As a Hosted Challenge Provider, you may terminate this agreement for any reason and at any time by sending us an email or by removing all of your Hosted Challenges from the DoCurious Platform. DoCurious may terminate this agreement, stop providing access to the DoCurious Platform, deactivate your account, remove your Listing(s), or any combination thereof, for any reason by providing you 30 days’ notice via email or using any other contact information you have provided for your account. DoCurious may also terminate this agreement, stop providing access to the DoCurious Platform, deactivate your account, remove your Listing(s), or any combination thereof, immediately and without notice if: (i) you materially breach this agreement and/or our other Terms or Policies, (ii) you materially fail to comply with the standards and requirements for Challenges, (iii) you violate applicable laws, or (iv) we reasonably believe termination is advisable to protect DoCurious, its Members, or third parties. If your Listing has been inactive for 120 or more days, we may remove it from DoCurious.
- Insurance. We may require that you obtain your own insurance in order to publish an Hosted Challenge on the DoCurious Platform. We will provide you with reasonable notice of any changes to insurance requirements that apply to your Hosted Challenge. In such cases, you agree to obtain and maintain insurance for you, the members of your team or organization, and/or your Hosted Challenge with the coverage and in the amounts determined by us in our sole discretion for any and all activities that take place on your Hosted Challenge. You agree to cooperate with DoCurious to verify such insurance coverage. In the event that DoCurious has obtained its own liability insurance that covers your Hosted Challenges, your insurance will be the primary source of coverage and DoCurious's insurance will operate as excess or secondary insurance for any amounts exceeding your coverage. Our procurement of such secondary insurance coverage does not relieve you of your obligation to obtain insurance in amounts required by us.
- Severability. If any provision or part of a provision in these terms is held to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, such provision (or the part of it that is making it invalid, void or unenforceable) will be struck and not affect the validity of and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Modifications to these Hosted Challenge Host Terms. DoCurious reserves the right to modify these Hosted Challenge Terms at any time in accordance with the Terms.
- Survival. If you or we terminate these Hosted Challenge Terms, the clauses of these Hosted Challenge Terms that reasonably should survive such termination will remain in effect. When these Hosted Challenge Terms are terminated, you are not entitled to a restoration of your account (if your account is canceled) or of the Member Content.